Monday Morning Magic from Inkandescent® PR + Publishing Co. — It is with great joy that me and my co-authors — writer and author Cynthia de Lorenzi, and graphic designer Cindy Seip, introduce you to a book project we cooked up during the pandemic: Your What’s Next Journal: WhatsNextJournal.com
Like us, women everywhere were asking the same questions. “What is happening?” “How am I going to deal with this degree of crazy?” and “What in the world is NEXT?”
Researchers explain it’s partly the protective instinct built into women’s brains. The part that makes us want, but also need, to plan so we can safeguard our families. Therefore it’s not a surprise that so many of us are looking for support and options to plan our next moves.
Our answer was to do what we, as artists and journalists, do: We decided to create a journal to help us figure it out together. The result is the journal prompts we will be rolling out monthly so that you can play along with us. Click here for the December and January installments.
What you’ll need:
- We want you to be as active in the process as possible, hence the reason we’ve created this journal.
- So grab any and every art supply you desire that will help get your creative juices flowing — that perfect pen, paintbrushes of all sizes, markers, the 64-pack of those waxy sweet Crayolas that you loved as a kid. Then go to town as you unleash your inner artist.
- The goal is to begin the journey of expressing your joys, fears, anxieties, hopes, frustrations, wins, and losses on the pages of your “2021 What’s Next Journal.”
- Remember, this is your journey — and this journal is a safe space to explore your inner world.
As we do in our sister publication BeInkandescent Health & Wellness magazine: In each month of the Journal, we will offer you a prompt to inspire you and get your creative juices flowing:
- Mind: Each section will offer you a Writing Prompt where we invite you to scribble your heart out as you release any thought that comes to mind on these pages. Be positive when inspiration strikes, and feel free to dump out any concerns and fears, too. There is tremendous power in writing things down! Go to town expressing your thoughts and feelings about each Writing Prompt of the Month.
- Body: Because we know from experience and science that exercising daily allows your body to release whatever stress it’s holding on to, we offer a simple Get Moving Prompt for you to try each month. Each month, ranging from yoga to cycling, a new woman will turn you on to her favorite way to help you get up and go!
- Spirit: We’d be remiss not to include an Affirmation Prompt each month because we believe mindfulness and meditation are essential to personal growth.
- Soul: We believe that creating art is your soul speaking to you in 3D. Using the Art Prompt you’ll find in each section, go to town decorating your pages with whatever flows through your fingers. Hearts, flowers (perhaps Georgia O’Keefe is an inspiration, or doodle a daisy), a sketch of your kid or cat, or the view outside your favorite room. Use those art supplies to unleash your pure imagination.
- Heart: Last but never least, each month we also offer an entire spread for you to be creative. This Heart-Opener — a Love Prompt, if you will — reminds you that the key to true happiness is first loving yourself and wholeheartedly loving others, come what may. What better way to do that than through grabbing a pen, pencil, Sharpie, or even one of those super large boxes of crayons! Just have fun!
We are excited to go on this journey with you throughout 2023 and beyond!
We leave you with this parting idea: To help say goodbye to the end and welcome the new, we invite you to smudge a little. This tradition is explained in the January Body entry. But to get you started, simply pick up a bundle of white sage (available for less than $10 at natural grocery stores or online), light it on fire, and travel around every inch of your house, letting its earthy scent burn off the negative energy that needs to go. Learn more here: https://inkandescent.us/january-body-the-healing-power-of-sage/
Until next Monday: May you keep dreaming, keep believing, and never give up on striving for What’s Next! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year! — Hope Katz Gibbs, founder and president, Inkandescent® Inc. Inkandescent.us