Monday Morning Magic from Inkandescent PR + Publishing Co. — Happy Halloween, friends! We celebrate the beauty of Fall today by shining a light on the power and art of connecting with David Siegel, CEO of the international organization Meetup on BeInkandescent magazine.
In the Fall 2022 issue you’ll find:
- Introducing David: Don’t miss this video interview with David by our Inkandescent client Marguerita Cheng, host of the weekly podcast and video show Margaritas with Marguerita Cheng, CFP® Pro. Click here to watch. Click here to listen. And click here to read about David’s groundbreaking book, Decide and Conquer.
- Mind: The Joy of Connecting People with Meetup organizer Cherie Werner. In this episode of David Siegel’s podcast, Keep Connected, you will learn how Meetup organizer Cherie Werner practices deep listening skills to connect her group members with like-minded people. Discover what listening to others can teach you about yourself. Read and listen here.
- Body: Striking the Balance: Organizing a Fitness Group. “Yoga is all about balance,” writes Meetup Content Manager Mary Garcia. “Breathing into each pose and finding comfort while stretching to new positions. Similarly, finding the right balance for organizing a group on Meetup and engaging with members takes focus, dedication, and practice.” She interviews Meetup organizer Bilyana Iliykova shares her story about building a community for yoga practitioners in Barcelona, organizing groups, and hosting online events. Click here for more.
- Spirit: Taking It to the Streets: Q&A with Street Art Tour Paris Organizer. In this interview by Meetup Content Manager Mary Garcia, we meet Paris-based Meetup organizer and artist Kasia Klon talks about her love for street art and how she decided to use that passion to meet people after relocating. Kasia’s story shows how urban art tours are a great way to get to know a new city or get a fresh look at a city you know. Don’t miss it!
- Soul: How to Hack Your Happiness with Radha Agrawal Author and CEO of Daybreaker. In this interview on David Siegel’s podcast, you’ll meet Radha Agrawal, author, and CEO of Daybreaker, on a mission to help people feel happier. In this episode of David Siegel’s Keep Connected podcast, you’ll hear tips on activating positive brain chemicals, finding community, and making joy a daily practice. Click here to listen!
- We’re all Heart: ride and Community: A Q&A with the Organizer of the London Bisexuals Meetup Group. Meetup Content Manager Mary Garcia explains: When a friend asked John G. to lead the London Bisexuals Meetup group, John stepped up to preserve the space he found so valuable. Now, more than a decade later, it’s one of the largest LGBTQ+ groups on Meetup, with more than 8,000 members. In this interview, John explains some of the lessons he’s learned about building an inclusive and supportive community. Read all about it here.
Here’s to the power and art of Meetup! Enjoy!
With more than 20 years of experience as a technology and digital media executive, David landed the CEO job at Meetup after running the popular organizations Investopedia and Seeking Alpha. He holds a BA in Philosophy, Politics & Economics and an MBA from the University of Pennsylvania. He is an adjunct professor at Columbia University, teaching strategic planning and entrepreneurship. Currently, David hosts the podcast Keep Connected, which is dedicated to the power of community. In his book, Decide & Conquer (HarperCollins), he lays out the framework for decision-making that leaders can use to ensure organizational and personal success.
About his new book: “Success boils down to one thing: making good decisions,” explains author David Siegel. “Learn the right framework now that can make all the difference later when faced with terrible options, deep anxiety, and fear of failure.”
Decide and Conquer helps all leaders navigate the big decisions that will impact their future and make their organizations a success. David outlines the 44 challenges leaders face when starting a new position, then shows you the decision framework he applied to overcome challenges in his role. David takes you on an epic journey of corporate and personal survival that includes industry titans like Adam Neumann, Barry Diller, Jack Welch, Bill Ackman, and other leaders.
In Decide and Conquer, you will learn to:
- Apply principles like open communication, transparency, and kindness to inform great decision-making.
- Set yourself up to succeed, even before you start, by removing potential roadblocks before they become a problem.
- Be a bold and decisive leader and not succumb to fear.
By applying the principles he had learned in previous leadership positions, David could make the many critical decisions that would mean life or death for Meetup when WeWork decided to sell the company. From deciding to accept the position and negotiating terms to managing a seemingly endless series of crises during the sale and global pandemic, Decide and Conquer walks readers through the key decisions, they will face with invaluable advice for each one. Click here to check out the book!